Friday, December 11, 2015

My Table is Made of Questions

I have a confession to make. I have no idea what I'm doing with my life. There are things that I do; I perform, play, write and record music, I write words for publications and pleasure. I have intentions to write a book and would like to see that happen this year. I also have an intention to relocate somewhere, but at this time, I don't know where that is. My strategy thus far is to find the place where I am my most authentic self. Where I feel the best...energized, engaged, alive. There is a part of me that wishes I would get a call that says, "Laura, we want you to tour for the next six months... or the most amazing work is waiting for you in..." You know, that call that lays out your life plan, the job offer that takes all questions off the table.

My table is made of questions. How am I going to support myself? Where do I want to live? What is the best use of my talent and energy? How do I stay grounded in the midst of all these questions? 

It has been helpful visualizing my actions and intentions as a prayer going out into the world with a definite inevitable "reaction," hopefully one that relates to my actions and intentions. It takes a lot of trust and going with the flow...sometimes not an easy feat for my super active mind. 

I am in the process of exploring the possibility of acquiring a home here. I am partnering with one of my dearest friends to share the house, a three bedroom one story home with a beautiful pool and spacious outdoor living area, ten minute walk to the beach...I timed it today.

Perhaps with a deeper commitment to this community, a very tangible investment, deeper opportunities will present. I don't expect all my questions to be answered after being here only three weeks. I have to put my time in and trust that I will be able to meet a need here.

What I do know that since initiating this journey to settle a bit deeper, an opening has occurred.

I feel like the clear water that has been moving back and forth between the sea and shore through a rock bed of canyons that has existed before time.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely and I wish you the best in your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your feelings sister and have been mulling over a lot of the same thoughts about what next and where should I be. I have followed the flow thus far and now that with less responsibility I feel I can turn inward. Who knows? I am open, Love you xxoo

    ReplyDelete