Monday, August 9, 2010

Re-Entry

Dan left today. We spent last night in Tamarindo at a beautiful hotel, The Garden of Eden, leaving only once to walk the small seaside town before dinner. We talked seriously about our relationship and the need we both have to feel free within it. Dan wrote me a letter while I slept that said, “My heart is big yes but I know all of the stuff that comes with 26 years of being together and trying to make sense of it all and giving us our freedom and feeling really truly centered in this is not a given. It is a passion that has to be tended to. There is no future there is only you sleeping next to me in your anniversary dress that I bought you during rough times. The road is long and I long for this journey my Laura.” I woke up exhausted from too much wine, not enough rest and from the intensity of the past week. Feeling sad about Dan’s departure, but relieved to have my time back I drove the two and one half hour journey over rocky roads back to Nosara.

No comments:

Post a Comment