Saturday, July 3, 2010

Departure

This morning I left the comfort of my home and the security of my job to escape to Costa Rica for two solid months-alone. At work they are calling it a sabbatical, which sounds professional and easy to understand. I, however do not know what to call it..all I know is that if I hadn't left I would have gone crazy or even worse, lost myself completely. I say completely because I feel like I have been gradually losing sight of myself, who I am, what I am meant to do, what brings me joy, what ignites my passion. The past few years have been challenging and I am wondering if some of the decisions I made during these trying times were the right ones. Did I fight for my marriage because I really wanted it? Or was it because I can't stand losing? Is working in my current position as Executive Director for a small cultural arts non-profit what I really want to do? Or does it feed my ego, keep me "in place" when part of me has felt like running for so long? So here I am sitting in the US Airways club in Charlotte NC, waiting to fly away-for two months-to hopefully answer these questions, reset my buttons and regain or maybe even find for the first time my true sense of who I am. One thing for certain, I am traveling forward wearing some pretty spiffy cowboy boots thanks to Cynthia.

3 comments:

  1. Miss you already and sending you a virtual hug. (((((Laura)))))....one of my favorite songbirds that I know will re-find herself, her passion, her quest for life again. xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete