Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Symbol Endorsement

My Husband Dan is a drummer in a band called TR3. The band is the brain child of Tim Reynolds, a phenominal guitar player who has been nurturing various incarnations of this trio for over 20 years. Tim moved to the Outer Banks of North Carolina about four years ago and soon after discovered the raw and virtually untapped talent of Dan and his long time collaborator, bass player, Mick Vaughn. Together the three of them sound like a well oiled machine and for the past three and a half years they have been touring all over the country playing some of the best venues in some of the best cities and towns in America. The new level of playing for Dan has brought many gifts one of which is a ¨ Cymbal Endorsement¨. Paiste Cymbals provides Dan with state of the art cymbals to play on and in exchange, Dan promotes the company when he is playing in front of thousands of people each year. Yesterday after a stressful night of flooding and subsequent relocation I started thinking about my situation ¨symbolically¨. Actually, it was Dan who first touched on the subject after I told him in an email that I was feeling vulnerable and weepy after my meditaion class on Sunday and then on that same night, my cabina was totally flooded. ¨It sounds to me like you are supposed to move. The rain and tears came at the same time. It sounds like the energy in the meditation is what you needed. The rain, the tears, the flood is all part of your experience. Keep me posted¨. Dan has brought to me a unique way of understanding life´s events. He is able to see a situation or take something I want to share with him and look at it metaphorically. To be truthful, who wants to hear, ¨Keep me posted¨ when your world has just turned upside down, you´re in a foreign country and you don´t have anyones phone number? The next day Dan shared his own experience looking at life symbolically. ¨So this is my experience on my my daily quest in life and that is, Look for Symbols. Today was huge.The dead tree was cut at 9am. beautiful hardwood. The tree started dying at the start of my affair. The tree cut is a cleansing to the skyline from the back porch. Wow. Good energy is everywhere, enjoy!¨ The tree cut sounds like more than a cleansing to our backyard veiw and for that I am grateful. So I decided to follow the path of tears to rain to flooding in symbolic terms and found out that rain is a symbol for tears, sorrow, anger, cleansing, renewal, forgiveness and more, usually on a heavenly, worldly or very large sort of personal scale. I´ve been thinking about the Gulf of Mexico a lot lately and decided to send some of my cleansing energy there and I´m also applying it here in my jungle home, with me. Flooding symbolizes the release of the emotions from the unconcious, intense emotions that may seem overwhelming. Yes. This morning as soon as I woke up I went to my tree top window and there not two arm lengths away from me was a beautiful Howler Monkey feasting on some sort of berry clusters growing on the tree, baby sibling close by, huge daddy too. ( I tasted a berry later and it was good and sweet, but I´m not sure what it is) In Hindu mythology, monkeys are worshipped as a symbol of physical strength, perserverance and devotion. In western culture monkeys are symbolic of many things. For some people they represent nature, humanity or benevolence. To others they are symbolic of cunningness, mimicry or mischievousness. They are symbols of playfulness and agility to some and inspiration and freedom to others. Freedom. I like that. Feeling quite free, I continued my day pondering all of these things, amazed at my journey so far. I was walking home from the Mini Super, the local convenience store, trying to grab some wine and supplies between bouts of rain. Strolling along happily I heard a strange sound coming from somewhere on the side of the road. I slowed, thinking what a strange frog sound, is that an insect? Slower still I realized that what I was hearing was a pitiful cry for help from an animal. I turned around and approached the sound and saw a tiny black and white puppy buried in a ditch of water, leaves, dirt and sticks. It was so weak it couldn´t move, green flies swarming all over it. My heart sank, what could I do? I really didn´t want to touch the poor thing it was so dirty and full of bugs, but it was a tiny baby so I scooped it up and walked into the driveway next to where the puppy was dumped, the relieved animal looking up at me with big sad brown eyes from my cupped hands. ¨Hola!¨ I shouted several times. Finally a woman from the house next door came over to see what was going on. The poor little baby had puncture wounds on it´s head where it had been bitten. I found out there was a woman who takes care of these kinds of animals. We tried calling, but she didn´t answer. So I took the puppy home, checking to see if it was still breathing from time to time, apologizing through, yes, more tears. Wantana immediately named the puppy Frank until we found out she was a girl, now she is Francine. We finally got in touch with Sarah, the animal savior and she will be picking up Francine at 9am tomorrow morning. I fed her milk with an eye dropper and she is now asleep on my lap. Saving the life of an animal suggests that you are successfully acknowledging certain emotions and characteristics represented by the animal. If you are setting an animal free, then it indicates an expression and release of your own primal emotions. Hello. I´m seeing a theme here. Endorsement means to give approval of or support to, especially by public statement. I hereby declare that I am officially endorsing symbols. Just like Dan, I have a ¨Symbol Endorsement¨.

No comments:

Post a Comment